quinta-feira, outubro 14, 2004

É impossivel fugir II (cont)


Tinha deixado aqui hoje de manhã uma extensa análise dos pontos que eu considerei mais importantes do debate mas optei por a tirar...

Acho que é suficiente recordar a resposta de Bush à 18ª questão:

Moderador: "I would like to ask you, what part does your faith play on your policy decisions?"

Bush: "First, my faith plays a lot -- a big part in my life. (...) And my faith is a very -- it's very personal. I pray for strength. I pray for wisdom. I pray for our troops in harm's way. I pray for my family. I pray for my little girls. (...)
Prayer and religion sustain me. I receive calmness in the storms of the presidency.
I love the fact that people pray for me and my family all around the country. Somebody asked me one time, "Well, how do you know?" I said, "I just feel it."(...)
I believe we ought to love our neighbor like we love ourself, as manifested in public policy through the faith-based initiative where we've unleashed the armies of compassion to help heal people who hurt.
I believe that God wants everybody to be free. That's what I believe. And that's been part of my foreign policy. In Afghanistan, I believe that the freedom there is a gift from the Almighty. And I can't tell you how encouraged I am to see freedom on the march.
And so my principles that I make decisions on are a part of me, and religion is a part of me."

Sem comentários: